Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Type 2 Diabetes - Who's At Risk"

Type 2 Diabetes: What is Diabetes?

Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition in which the body resists the effects of insulin and therefore can't maintain a normal blood sugar level. There's no cure, but type 2 diabetes can be managed and even prevented. If it's not detected and controlled, it can wreak havoc on vital organs and can even cause death

The Signs Are Subtle

The symptoms for type 2 diabetes are often subtle and easily dismissed as just another side effect of aging. Ask your aging parents or loved ones if they have experienced any of these warning signs:

Extreme thirst and frequent urination
Sores that are slow to heal
Increased hunger
Unexplained weight loss
Bladder and vaginal infections
Vision problems
Tiring easily.

more

1 comment:

  1. I do know this...it is a pain in my neck! I want to eat what I want to eat and I just can't do it any more.

    But! It could be worse, so I am grateful

    ReplyDelete